Monday, November 2, 2009

There is also a video that is related to the event and costumes that was taken by Steven Wygmans. I will include that as soon as I can, hopefully in the next few days. This may give you more insight to the event that took place spring 2009.

The purpose of this event was to experiment with costume making and to put on my first production. As many artists can relate, sometimes we come at art making from different perspectives and try stabbing at what it is that we really want to get at with our work. I look at this project as a way for me to find out if fashion design was what I wanted to do or if there was more there to be discovered. It turns out that there is more there for me to discover and my interest in art as performance and costume making runs deeper than just putting on a "fashion show". I am still experimenting with what it is that I am stabbing at and with any luck I will be able to get closer that with every project.

No comments:

Post a Comment